Tuesday, August 9, 2011

DIY Magazine Holders

Alison has the bottom two shelves of our large book case for toys and books that se wants to play with in the living room. The books are always a mess and I got tired of straightening them up.  I came across a blog that showed how to make at home magazine holders and I thought this was the answer to my problem.  The tutorial I got it from was too good to recreate, so go here to learn how to make them yourself. 

The only thing I did was added scrapbook paper to them with mod podge.  It took two sheets per magazine holder.  I simply laid my holder down and traced all 4 side.  Then put a layer of mod podge on the holder and put the paper down.  I then put one layer of mod podge on the outside  When it as all dry I traced the borders with a sharpie to give it a more finished look instead of seeing the white of the paper and the perforation of the cardboard.  I plan on making more of these for Alison's room so I can keep her bookshelf a little more organized. I like that they are bigger, b/c the large kids books will fit in them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment