Thursday, July 21, 2011

Rosette Wreath

So what seems like a lifetime ago I was married without children and had my own show horse.  I spent most weekends during the spring summer and fall away at shows and have ended up with tons of ribbons just laying around in a box.  I wanted to make a special wreath to show off my accomplishments.

Wreath forms seemed way too expensive for me.  So I went to the hardware store and bought a 6' long piece of foam that is supposed to cover the pipes for $0.97.. I cut it in half and duct taped it together.  This was much cheaper and worked just as well.  I am always thrilled to be thrifty

 Then I started putting the ribbons on the foam. 
I simply adjusted the hangers on the back of the rosettes and stuck them into the foam.  So easy.  I just took time to adjust them to look nice from the outside. 
After the wreath was put together I put it face down on some newspaper and used some gorilla super glue on each of the hangers.  I figured this would keep it from falling apart as easily.

I tied a piece of ribbon around the top of the foam and hung the wreath from that.  The whole project took maybe an hour.  Quick, cheap and beautiful!  My favorite kind of craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment