Monday, January 23, 2012

Tulle Wreath

It has been far too long since I have blogged!  I have missed posting, but unfortunately with a new baby extra time is something that I do not find often.  Hopefully I will be able to get on here and catch up on the posts I have been meaning to get on here fora couple months now.

BUT today I'm going to share a Tulle Wreath that I made.  I've been seeing these all over pinterest and just happened to have some extra white and red tulle.  With Valentines day right around the corner it seemed meant to be!  So I figured I'd just jump in and see how it went :)



To get started take your tulle and cut it into strips.  I did not measure, But mine are roughtly 3"x8"  I just cut them long enough to go around the wreath and tie and have excess sticking out... I did 3" but you could do wider or even less wide.. just cut a few sizes and see which works best for the look you are going for...  If you have different colors separate them, b/c these crazy things will end up all over if you dont have them group together somehow.

Gather the tulle and wrap around the wreath. 

Tie in a secure knot.  This is nothing special, just a knot.

Repeat this process OVER AND OVER AND OVER.  Make sure you get them as close to each other as possible.  For demonstration I tied this one further apart and pushed it close.  You can do that, but I have found it is easier and looks better if you just try to tie them close in the first place.

I added a ribbon to hang it with.  To do this I laid the ribbon on the wreath and tied the tulle over the top of it.  You could try to slide it under if you forgot, but putting it down first is much easier.  Push it up close to your excess tulle so it blends in a bit.

Go around the excess with your finger and press to get them as in line as you can.  They dont have to be perfect, but you do want them to line up some so it looks nice.
After you do this you can trim it all to be the same length.  I sort of like the different length look, but I had differences up to an inch (Probably an argument for why you should measure your strips instead of just cutting). So I cut them to make them look close to the same length.

Hang and Enjoy.  As I said earlier this one was for Valentines day so I thought Red and white would look good.  As I was making this I was thinking that I should have used blue tulle for the upper left area and make it look like a flag for the fourth of July.  The possibilities are really endless, christmas colors, halloween, etc etc.  Be creative and have fun.  This literally took me an hour or so to make from start to finish.  Definitely one you can do while sitting in front of the TV.

This is what it looks like with the ribbon hanging it.  You could shorten the ribbon to so it was not as obvious.  Be creative and make it your own :)  Happy Crafting!

1 comment: