Friday, October 7, 2011

Ruffle Bottom Onesie

I think the ruffle bottom onesies are so cute on little girls.  Especially when they are crawling.  I had to try to make one to see how it came together.
You will need a onesie, and three pieces of fabric cut 3" wide.  The length of them will be determined by the side of the onesie.  I meausred on the bottom where I wanted them placed and doubled the length. I used two different fabrics, but you could use three different or all the same.

I did a straight stitch then a zig-zag down the three pieces.  I wanted it to look rough, but did not want it to fray the first time used.

I started with the fabric that would go in the middle.  You will want it to go right where the leg seam is. 

Pin it straight across ruffling it.

Do a straight stitch across the fabric

This is what it will look like


next I added the shorter piece about 1/2" below the other one.. repeat how you did the above ruffle.




Now add the third ruffle 1/2" above the middle one.  Repeat the process again.

This is what you will have

If your onesie does not have any design, add an applique to the front.  I thought this bird was cute.

And you are finished!  Its just adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment